ho

Blue Leaves

The Idea

This was a design I originally started for my growldesign website, but ended up scrapping it. I thought that instead of scrapping it completely, maybe someone else might find a good use for it. So here you go, my first submission to oswd.org.

The Code

Blue Leaves has been coded entirely in XHTML 1.1 & CSS. No tables were touched in the making of this website. Isn't that cool? As well as being cool, using XHTML & CSS has many advantages such as:

  1. Cleaner Code: Adherence to strict guidelines results in cleaner code. All extraneous or ambiguous elements are eliminated, so pages are smaller, load faster, and render correctly.
  2. Interoperability and Accessibility: XHTML is currently readable by the greatest number of browsers, devices and assistive technologies like screen readers. Accessibility is quickly becoming a legal issue.
  3. Search Engine Friendly Code: XHTML produces pages that search engine spiders find easy to understand. There are no presentational elements or bloated code to confuse the spiders, so they'll crawl everything that matters and rank you accordingly.
  4. Design Consistency: With CSS, the same style elements can be applied to every page of a site. From the first page forward, your visitors will be presented with a consistent design scheme, building their comfort level and effectively promoting your brand.
  5. Easy Maintenance: Changes to CSS web page designs are simple. Instead of having to go back and alter every single page of your site, with CSS only the relevant style sheets have to be updated, saving you hours of work and limiting the introduction of possible errors.

The Author

My name is Jenna Smith, and I am a 19 year old female from Cambridgeshire, UK. I work full time as a Web Designer for a very well known company and freelance out of work through my growldesign website.

I made my first website when I was 11 years old and have been using XHTML & CSS for around 2 years. Other languages I know include PHP, MySQL, XML and XSLT. For a full list, take a look at my website.

Contact

If you are a small business wanting an online presence, or a company looking to outsource, feel free to contact me for a quote.

Popular Posts